90 Inch Tree Spade
Our 90 inch tree spade is our most popular truck mounted tree spade in the BIG JOHN lineup, made for transplanting trees up to 12 inches in diameter. The BIG JOHN Model 90 sets the standard for large truck mounted tree spades with a durable, fully contained, one-operator system built to perform in the most rigorous tree moving conditions.
The BIG JOHN 90 inch tree spade is perfect for professional tree movers, landscapers, and municipal and groundskeeping applications. Popular for direct-to-consumer nursery sales, many of our BIG JOHN 90D owners use their tree spades for delivering large trees to their customers.
Made in America of highly durable cold-formed steel, our dual contoured blades stand up to tough, rocky, and sandy soils for on-site moves without prepare ground. Each 90 inch tree spade is mounted to the truck of your choice, with additional specifications below.
Join the BIG JOHN family with our most popular tree spade. To learn more about our 90 inch tree spades for sale, contact us today.
90 INCH TRUCK MOUNTED SPADE SPECIFICATIONS
|Nominal Tree Trunk Diameter||10″ – 12″|
|Weight of Transplanter||16,760 lbs|
| Height Closed
|Nominal Root Ball Width||90″|
|Root Ball Depth||60″|
|Root Ball Weight||11,800 lbs|
|Water Tank Capacity||400 gal|
|Oil Reservoir Capacity||45 gal|
|Hydraulic Pressure Relief||3,000 psi|
|Hydraulic GPM Rating||20 – 22 GPM|
|Single Axle Truck Length||N/A|
|Tandem Axle Truck Length||156″ – 186″|
- The 400 gal (1,514 L) water tank uses 49” (1,245 mm) of space behind the cab.
- The Model 80 and 90 use 132” (3,353 mm) of frame space from the end of the truck going forward.
- Ground to top of frame height – 42”-44” (1,067-1,118 mm).
- For both the Model 80 and Model 90 we require a rear tandem GVW Rating of at least 40,000 lbs (18,143 kg) to 46,000 lbs (20,865 kg).
- The red line denotes Cab to Trunnion measurement or CT. Model 80 & 90 requires of minimum CT of 156” (3,962 mm). We recommend 165” (4,191 mm).
- We require a front axle suspension rating of at least 12,000 lbs (5,443 kg) to 20,000 lbs (9,072 kg) for the Model 80 and Model 90.
- Remember to keep cab height in mind when looking for trucks. Generally lower cabs are preferred to minimize the crown of the tree.